Solar Snake Repeller is a highly effective way to keep snakes away.
Most poisonous or venomous snakes, when confronted with danger, prefer to retreat rather than attack.
Unlike other Snake Repeller that emit the same monotonous sound, the BirdGard Solar Snake Repeller emits two distinctly different vibrations which travel through the ground.
The vibrations are emitted in a totally random and chaotic manner and that can take the snakes by surprise. See the last product photo above for the 5-day cycle of different vibrations.
Many other Snake Repeller in the market are not actually weatherproof.
“Excellent product, does not stop working even after extending periods of rain (compared to cheaper, less well-crafted products)” Jamie – Sydney
As standard, the snake repeller has a replaceable and rechargeable battery (unlike cheaper alternatives), and the built-in solar panel will keep the batteries recharged throughout the summer.
What most other websites don’t tell you is to make a vibration, snake repellers must make a noise.
Ours is quieter than most but the trick is to bury the shaft deep in the earth and compact the dirt around it. This will significantly reduce the sound you can hear and make the snake repellers more effective.
I have two snake repellers 10 metres from my bedroom window and they don’t bother me.
To rid your garden of snakes you should always use two Solar Snake Repellers in tandem and install them no more than 25 metres apart.
The maximum coverage area of one solar snake repeller is a 30-metre diameter circle.
Some customers will use the snake repellers around the home and install them near the clothesline, play areas and the immediate garden.
Others on acreage will expand on that and install them along their property boundary or creek lines as well.
If you have vermin as well (food source for snakes) the snake repeller will help in deterring underground critters but do look at our other devices for repelling rats and mice on the surface.
Getting rid of rats and mice will reduce the risk of having venomous snakes in your garden.
Solar Snake Repeller v3 Features:
- 1 Year Warranty (Batteries Excluded)
- Solar Panel for charging the Battery
- Replaceable Battery
- Weatherproof (IP 44)
- Two random vibration modes
- Quieter, insulated motors
The 5 most commonly asked questions:
1) How to install: The hard part about snake repellers is you have to dig a hole. We recommend the shaft be buried approx. 21 cm into the ground.
Compact the soil around the shaft to ensure you get the best vibration into the ground.
- Hard soil equals the best range. If you have very heavy rain do ensure that the water level does not go over the top of the shaft where it meets the solar powered head.
2) How long do the batteries last: That depends on how much sun the solar panel receives.
On days when the sky is totally overcast and the sun does not shine, the solar panel will not work well. Should the solar panel receive no sun the batteries will last for 5 to 6 days.
You will need to disconnect the solar panel from the shaft that goes into the ground for 2 days to recharge the battery. The batteries are Ni-MH AA 600mAH 1.2v
3) Does it work on all snakes: While some customers do say our snake deterrents repel Pythons, we do not claim that they can. Pythons spend a lot of their time in trees where the snake deterrents cannot touch them.
4) Does the type of ground matter: Yes.
- The snake deterrents should never be installed in water logged ground, and do not let them be submerged. They work best in solid hard ground where the vibrations will travel easily through the ground.
- Sandy soil will decrease the effectiveness, so place Solar Snake Repellers 15 metres apart instead of 25 metres apart.
- Ground surfaces, other than soil, like concrete, pavers etc will block vibrations, hence non-effective on them.
5 Top tips for repelling snakes:
- Before installation, give the snake repeller 2 days out in the sun to fully charge up the batteries before you turn them on. This ensures your batteries don’t go flat at night or during periods of overcast weather.
- As a further precaution do what you can to make the area around your home less attractive to snakes, so do keep the grass down and clean up any junk piles etc that snakes might use as cover.
- Bury the shaft of the Solar Snake Repeller reduces the noise this will improve the performance of the product as well.
- Use at least two snake repellers space no more than 25 metres apart.
- Install the snake repellers near places of frequent activity for example: clothesline, BBQ area & play areas.